CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sick babies...

so now both of our little ones have a cold. Melissa woke me up around midnight with a stuffy nose, poor thing. I called the pediatrician yesterday to ask if there was anything we could give them to help clear their little heads. Nope...too young. All we can do is use saline in their noses and aspirate it out. We can also "push fluids". This is the first time that they are "allowed" to drink water. Not that we haven given them water in the past but now I have the official nod.

Melissa is really enjoying her rice cereal with apples. Mom bought a box for our visit and it is too chunky to add to their "super bottles" that we give them before bed. So, I tried it for her lunch yesterday and she loved it. Daniel will eat anything but Melissa is a little on the picky side.

Daniel is doing better but now the cold seems to have moved into his chest. I fell so bad for the kid. We have his head propped up when he sleeps to help keep his nose clear. He ws wheexing pretty bad last ngiht and I wish I had a nebulizer. The vicks baby bath and rub was the best I could come up with.

Oh, and did I mention that I too, have a cold. Dean never seems to get a cold and to be honest, I am a little jealous. It must be that tough North Dakota stock.

I can't complain too much about the kids. They are 5 months old and have not been sick AT ALL. I am feeling a bit sleep deprived as I got nearly no sleep this weekend and the last two nights I have been up with each of them in the middle of the night. After they finishe their bottles, I am back off to try to get a few more minutes sleep...hopefully, they will let me.

0 comments: