CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Not so bad....Tales from the EA...

Well, I survived the Endometrial Ablation.

I ended up getting call back from the ob/gyn office and was told that I could double up on the "sedative". So I did. Hubby came home form work and drove me to the office. When I arrived, I was told that they were also going to administer some pain medication (IM of course...ahh, I don't miss the days of the old HCG trigger shot) which I am pretty sure was toradol (sp) or something like that. I waited ten minutes and was taken back to one of the rooms. I had been in the room before...when I had my first ultrasound with the twins.

I was smart. I brought my ipod. I had some very nice relaxation music that I use to fall asleep sometimes. I set up the old ipod to repeat the same song over and over and thought I was set.

So, Dr. H comes in. Now don't get me wrong, I love this guy. Heck, he delivered my babies...... He does a "quick" check to make sure that everything looked okay. No biggie. Then, he applies a topical anesthetic on to my cervix. Again, no biggie. La la la la. Then, he decides that he will turn on the TV. No, not to watch tv, but to play a "Friends" DVD. Yeah....really friggin' relaxing. He told me that it was supposed to be background noise. Gee Doc, what kind of noises are you trying to cover. He sees me there on the table with my ear buds in, trying to relax and he decides he's in the mood for a sitcom. NICE!

So he is tinkering, and tinkering. Then he announces that I might feel a pinch. Well, he injected some kind of numbing agent into the old cervix. Well, much to my surprise...my entire mouth goes numb. Yeah. I wasn't aware that there was a nerve that ran from my cervix to my mouth. Interesting.

Now, at this point, I am pretty high between the sedative and the pain killer. I am just kicked back watching all the pretty colors through my eyelids. He is turning the lights on then he turns them off, then back on again. I keep hearing things being unwrapped. Lots of things. I didn't think so much "stuff" could fit in there. And in the background, Joey Tribiani and Phoebe. God, just turn the damn TV off. It is killing my buzz. If Dr. H started to laugh I am not sure what I would have done.

The machine is talking. It is telling him exactly what to do. I feel some pretty severe cramping and try to (Lamaze) breathe my way through it. He tells me that I am halfway done. Then I hear the machine announce that the "probe temperature is minus 175 degrees". Yowza....that seems cold, especially to be in my 98.6 degree body. I decide that Dr. H. knows what he is doing and yet the machine has no reason to lie.

I start to feel more cramping and realize that the pain killer is wearing off. Yuck.

The next thing you know, I'm done. Dr. H asks if I need a hand getting up. Ummmm, yeah, that would be nice. He helps me up and then goes looking through the drawers for a pad, which he leaves for me.

I get up, slowly, and get myself dressed. I walk myself out to the waiting room and call the hubby to pick me up.

When I get home I am really, really crampy. Like the worst menstrual cramp crossed with a stomach flu cramp and some labor pains sprinkled on top for good measure. I take some Tylenol...(yeah, that will work) and go up to bed.

One of my girlfriends, Angie, stopped over with her son (Melissa's boyfriend, Colin) and gives hubby a break for a few minutes. So, I stumble down the stairs to say hello. Then go back up to bed. A few hours later, my friends Keith and Joann come over to give hubby another break. I again, stumble down the stairs to say hello. I just want to know where all my friends are when I need "a break". Oh yeah, that's right...they work during the day.

I self medicated to get to sleep and woke up about 7 on Saturday morning. By noon or so, I was starting to feel like normal. Still some cramps, but nothing that I couldn't handle. Oh, and NO BLEEDING. Did I mention that............NO BLEEDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yee Haaa!

By Sunday, I was back and feeling good. Some other friends (Craig, Brenda, Hannah and Heather) stopped over to check up on me and couldn't believe how well I was getting around. Having twins doesn't exactly afford me the opportunity to be down for long.

So, here it is, Monday morning. The kids are up, dressed, fed and changed....(thank you Daniel for pooping everywhere). I must straighted up as Mom and Dad and Grandma will be here this afternoon.

In short, not so bad. HSG and hysteroscopies and laproscopies must have toughened me up.

1 comments:

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

Hi,

Thank you for Entering my First GIVEAWAY! Good Luck!

xoxo,
Cathleen